The Exchange launched in January 2016 and is managed by The Culture Capital Exchange (TCCE) and supported by Arts Council England and the Higher Education Funding Council for England.
The Exchange will work towards establishing a national network through which artists, creatives and researchers can develop mutually beneficial relationships and break down barriers to collaboration.
- Seed funding of £5K each will be available for up to 30 collaborative research projects.
The Exchange builds on more than ten years’ experience that TCCE have gained collaborating with HEIs and the creative and cultural industries.
TCCE is a unique company promoting the exchange of universities’ knowledge and expertise with the cultural and creative sectors.
We have been in existence since 2004 and were previously known as LCACE (London Centre for Arts and Cultural Exchange). We support our member universities to achieve collaborative work in areas such as Knowledge Exchange, Public Engagement and Impact and work with a huge range of partners in the Creative and Cultural sectors in London.
- Delivery of the Knowledge Exchange activity for Creativeworks London – one of the four AHRC funded Hubs for knowledge exchange with the cultural and creative industries
- A monthly e-newsletter of TCCE and TCCE members’ news items, events, conferences, performances and exhibitions
- Regular information events on research calls, impact, international funding etc.
- ‘Rules of Engagement’ – a series to support academics in their public engagement roles
- Facilitating relationships with media companies to develop work based on academic research for broadcast
- Roundtable discussions on specific research issues e.g. ‘How the AHRC Can Support Fashion Research for the Fashion Industry’
- Providing academics for public engagement at cultural venues such as the National Portrait Gallery and Museum of Brands
- Supporting individual academics with collaborative working, both with CCI and across HEI
- Early Career Researcher Network connecting researchers to discuss issues of mutual interest, to network and to encourage collaborations
If you would like to find out more about TCCE and how you can get involved with future TCCE activities and collaborations, please do get in touch. We’d be delighted to hear from you.
Tel: 020 7420 9444